2016 has been a memorable year for both Maggart’s Automotive and Hoosier Racing Tire alike. When PJ North wrote the lines “Champs Wear Hoosiers” not even he knew what 2016 had in store.
We would like to extend a big thank you to all the race promoters who continue to work with both Ronnie Maggart and Hoosier Racing Tire on their great races. That thank you also extends to not only those promoters but also the racers who choose the ‘tire designed for champions’.
– Dallas Jones and Beech Bend Raceway; Tenn-Tuck races and Bottom Bulb Bash: Winners and Runner Up’s on Hoosiers: Scotty Richardson, Todd Senseney, Steve Stites, James Barnes, Scott Lemen, Cody Graham
– Scott Lemen, the Lemen family, Huntsville Dragway; The DRR Ultimate Series: Nick Ross, Brian Folk, Landon Thompson, Jeff Strickland, Rachel Henderson, Tracy Guffey, Mark Swoner, Heath Davis
– Randy Helton and Kelly Estes; Ultimate 64 Shootout: Tim Klopfenstein
– Luke Bogacki and I-57 Dragway; Jeg’s Summer Door Car Race: Jeff Peterson, Jeremy Jensen, Ed Neimec, Max Peterson, Matt Fuchs, Greg Dawson
– Jared Pennington and Steve Stites; World Footbrake Challenge: Bud McNasby, Chris Moren, Lucas Walker
– Peter Biondo and Kyle Seipel; The K&N Spring Fling: Bruce Combs
– Jenny & Randy Folk; The Cars Protection Plus Million Dollar Race: Jeff Verdi, Brad Plourd
2016 was not only a great year for Maggart’s Auto and Hoosier Racing Tire, but it was a history-making year for a racer who chooses Hoosiers, Jeff Verdi! Jeff became the very first winner of the Spring Fling Million Dollar Race winner in Las Vegas earlier this year. Not only did he travel to Vegas in his open trailer and dually but he won the race in his Pontiac Firebird DOORCAR on Hoosiers! Verdi, a veteran of the sport and multiple time track champion in his home state of Virginia, followed up his Spring Fling Million dollar race win with what most would call a near impossible feat by winning the Cars Protection Plus Million Dollar race in Montgomery, Alabama. The original Million Dollar race has been home to the richest prize and drag racing and now with the addition of the Spring Fling Million, Verdi will go down in history as having possibly the greatest year in bracket racing history. So the term holds true now more than ever, Champs Wear Hoosiers!
2016 has nearly come to a close and again we want to thank all those promoters and racers who choose the tire designed for champions, from Maggart’s Automotive and Hoosier Racing Tire a big THANK YOU!
2017 is just around the corner and we look forward to our continued relationships with racers and promoters. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us here at Maggart’s Automotive and Hoosier Racing Tire!
– CHAMPS WEAR HOOSIERS! –